This privacy statement was last modified on: 23/07/2020.
- Itzu Jobs contact details
- Who is the Data Protection Officer?
- What personal data does Itzu Jobs process?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- Security of your personal data
- Retention of your personal data
- What are your rights and how can you exercise them
Processing of personal data: Processing is an operation or set of operations relating to personal data or a set of personal data, whether or not carried out by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction. Personal data is any information about a natural person which makes it possible to identify that person directly or indirectly.
Processor: A processor is a natural or legal person, government agency, department or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the data controller.
Data controller: A data controller is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
3. ITZU JOBS CONTACT DETAILS
Itzu Jobs NV
Ilgatlaan 15, 3500 Hasselt
011 28 00 56
4. WHO IS THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Itzu has appointed a Data Protection Officer whose role is to oversee and monitor Itzu’s privacy and data protection policies with respect to the processing of personal data in accordance with applicable law. The Data Protection Officer can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. DATA CONTROLLER
If you, as a data subject, wish to exercise your rights, you must always contact the data controller.
6. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES ITZU JOBS PROCESS?
6.1 Based on the performance of an agreement
Itzu Jobs processes the personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take action at your request prior to the conclusion of a contract.
- When you request more information about Itzu Jobs services
When you ask for more information about Itzu Jobs services or products, Itzu Jobs may process personal identification data (such as name and email) in order to answer your question as accurately as possible.
- When signing up for our services
If you wish to use Itzu Jobs products or services, Itzu Jobs processes personal identification data (such as name, email, …), personal details (such as age, gender, …), data on education and training (such as CV), data on profession and job, … for the correct provision of our services.
- When providing services with associated payroll administration
When providing services, payroll information is collected for the purpose of payroll administration.
- When applying for a job directly to Itzu Jobs
Itzu Jobs regularly seeks new enthusiastic motivated employees. During the application process, Itzu Jobs processes the following categories of personal data: personal identification data, personal characteristics (such as language, date of birth, etc.), competencies, educational history, career path, curriculum vitae, image, work references.
6.2 Based on your consent
When processing personal data based on your consent, you always have the right to withdraw your consent (see 11. What are your rights and how can you exercise them).
- When creating a recruitment pool following a direct application to Itzu Jobs
If Itzu Jobs does not hire you after an application but would like to keep your CV for future opportunities, Itzu Jobs will ask your permission to keep your CV.
- When using targeted images for publicity purposes
Itzu Jobs will ask your permission before publishing targeted images on social media and its website. By targeted images, we mean images in which the person is clearly identifiable (close-up, image focused on a particular person, posed photo, etc.).
6.3 Based on legitimate interest
Itzu Jobs processes personal data based on the legitimate interest for which Itzu Jobs has conducted a balancing of interests.
- When dealing with a question, offering assistance, providing information at your request
You can contact Itzu Jobs through various channels (telephone, post, email, chat, website contact form, social media). We only use the personal data you provide to answer your questions.
- When forwarding leads within the Itzu Group
Itzu Group consists of several entities. Itzu is mainly active within the ‘people business’ with HR and Facility Services as focal points. Itzu attaches great importance to further developing its relationship with customers and prospects (so-called ‘Customer Relationship Management’), beyond what is strictly necessary for the execution of a contract or the taking of pre-contractual measures. Therefore, Itzu Jobs may pass on opportunities within the Itzu Group. An example: someone applies to Itzu Jobs for a particular job opening and is passed on to Itzu Career for career counselling.
- When sending direct marketing
Itzu Jobs sends direct marketing and processes personal identification data to that end. Itzu Jobs respects the relevant regulations and only sends direct marketing if there is a customer relationship and with regard to similar products or services provided by Itzu Jobs itself. You always have the option to unsubscribe.
- When conducting skills tests during the application period
To screen a direct applicant to Itzu Jobs, or someone who purchases services from Itzu Jobs, Itzu Jobs may conduct an assessment of the candidate’s skills and personality. For this purpose, the company uses an assessment agency as a processor. However, your data will not be used for any other purpose or be passed on to any third parties for their own use.
- When creating an application summary list with the status of each person involved
Due to the many applications that Itzu Jobs processes and the various channels through which new candidates emerge, there is a legitimate interest in creating a list that contains a very limited summary about candidates’ profile.
- When keeping contact information in order to notify a friend/relative in case of emergency
We ask that you provide contact information for friends and/or relatives so that we can notify them in case of an emergency.
- When passing on a CV within Itzu Group
If someone applies directly to Itzu Jobs, Itzu Jobs may pass the application on within Itzu. After all, Itzu Jobs is part of Itzu. If you are an applicant who only wishes to apply to Itzu Jobs, please state this explicitly.
- When using atmospheric images for external publication
Itzu Jobs regularly posts atmospheric images on social media and on its website. Atmospheric images are those that do not have the intention of clearly depicting one or several individuals, but rather are intended to paint a general picture of atmosphere.
- To improve the quality of the website
7. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
Itzu Jobs does not share your personal data with third parties unless:
- Itzu Jobs has received your prior consent to do so.
- Itzu Jobs is required to do so as part of a regulatory or legal process.
- Itzu Jobs is requested to do so by legislative or judicial authorities.
- Itzu Jobs organises an event together with partners or suppliers. The list of participants is also communicated to the partners or suppliers.
Itzu Jobs uses certain subcontractors such as consultants, tools (e.g. CRM system, mailing tool) to whom we outsource part of our services. These subcontractors are not considered third parties but processors. We ensure that these subcontractors take the necessary technical and organisational measures to process your personal data in a legally valid and lawful manner and also not to disclose them to third parties under any circumstances.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Itzu Jobs recognises that personal data security is a component of data protection. Therefore, Itzu Jobs takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing or access in order to prevent misuse.
If Itzu Jobs transfers your personal data to a processor outside the European Economic Area (EEA) it always does so in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement and follows applicable data protection laws and regulations to ensure adequate safeguards.
9. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Itzu Jobs will retain your personal data only for the minimum period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this privacy statement. Except when resolving disputes or if a longer retention period is required by law. Non-personal information may be kept without limitation in time for statistical purposes.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet logging information and behavioural information. This information is used to track visitor behaviour on the website and to compile statistical reports on the website.
11. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
11.1 How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to email@example.com. To prevent any unauthorised disclosure of your personal information, Itzu Jobs may request more information to verify your identity.
Itzu Jobs has one month to respond to your request. This period begins when Itzu Jobs has received your application and has all the required information to fulfil your request. The one-month period may be extended upon notice and explanation from Itzu Jobs.
Itzu Jobs will provide the requested information free of charge. Where requests are unfounded or excessive, particularly due to their repetitive nature, Itzu Jobs may charge a reasonable fee or Itzu Jobs may refuse the request. If for some reason you believe that Itzu Jobs has not handled your application correctly, you can contact Itzu Jobs again and we will work with you to find a solution.
For the sake of completeness, we inform you that, if Itzu Jobs does not respond to your request, refuses it or if our answer does not meet your expectations, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, or via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.2 What are your rights?
- Right to access: You can ask us which of your personal data we process, what we process them for, which categories of personal data we process, with which categories of third parties we share your personal data, what is the origin of the processed data and – when applicable – what logic we use in the automatic processing of personal data.
- Right to rectification: If information is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it.
- Right to erase your data: If data is not processed lawfully or if your data is no longer needed beyond the purpose for which it was collected, you can ask us to delete your data.
- Right to restrict processing: By restricting the processing of your personal data, your personal data can still be retained but their use is limited. If you have requested a processing restriction, we may only store your data. This means that no further transactions can be done with your data.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to your data being processed if such processing is based on a public interest or the legitimate interest of the person processing your data. In addition, you can also exercise this right to object if your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes. This right to object also applies to the profiling that forms the basis of processing for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: If the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain the personal data provided by you in a comprehensive, structured and machine-readable form and you have the right to transfer this personal data to another controller where the processing is based on the legal grounds of consent or contractual relationship.